Friday, December 23, 2011

Visiting Cambodia Day 7: The life on Tonle Sap Lake

Last day in Mongkol Borey, we left the village early in the morning. To be honest, it was pretty sad leaving this place since we've been playing around here for five days. Though I couldn't really communicate with 'em (but some of the villagers speak Malay cuz they used to live in Malaysia for a while to work), they always being so friendly and helpful - and laughed at me when I tried to speak either in Champa or Khmer. However, thinking back, I missed nasi lemak more. D: The villagers keep asking me would I come back to Cambodia? When will I visit them again? I replied, maybe next 10 years, I'll bring my child as well. Ha3

 Gonna miss this breakfast place.

 Gonna miss the friendly villagers. (p/s: the man beside me has a good looking son. LOL)

Then, we headed to Chrok Miet, another house of Makcik's relatives.

 The monument on the way to Tonle Sap Lake at Kampong Chnnang.

Stopped by the road - purchasing palm-tree made souvenir for Mama.

 In front of Tonle Sap Lake. Look at the background, the lake legend was about a wife became a mountain waiting for her husband so long. :O

 The boats. 

 School kids rowed their sampan to return home from school. Interesting.


 House on the lake.

 I sat with Makcik all the way the boat rounded the lake. I was very cocky, life jacket wasn't essential.

 From far away view, I was thinking the green line was the land full with grass.

 Actually the land is full with water hyacinth!

 Look! The house was made by bricks! It must be pretty hard task to carry the bricks so much to the lake.

 I was informed this mosque was built under charity project by former Malacca Chief Minister. 

 Finished round the whole lake. During random sight seeing, wait... what is balut? and soap??? LOL

Early evening, we arrived at Chrok Miet.

 What a beautiful view of paddy field. 

Then, we visited Makcik's mother and brother's cemetery.

Not much photos (since the memory card space was critical), not much thing I could remember the journey. xD

No comments: